- What not to do: The fall through of this shot should not end over the head after following a long swing; instead we need to do a windshield wiper like motion so that the ball can go up and down in a hurry. The swing must be short.
- What to do: Ideally, the hitting zone lies between our chest and the waist. Not too higher and not too lower than the waist line. If the ball is outside of this zone, then you must simply perform a traditional shot.
- The racquet should get under the ball, that is, there must be enough distance between the racquet and the ball. The strings of the racquet must slightly face the ground when you are hitting the shot.
- A shorter follow through does not mean that you don’t need to reach out towards the target. You need to create topspin.
- If the ball is much higher, then you first need to keep the racquet down and then reach the ball’s height. And while hitting, the strings must be facing more towards the ground, so that you can suppress the ball towards the court. Pushing the strings down and then a windshield wiper motion is the technique here.
- The shot can be played in the same side of the court or the cross court. When playing in the same court, the weight of your body should rest at the opposite side of your racquet hand after the finish (if left-handed then weights rests upon the right foot and vice-versa). If you are hitting cross court, then the body should be moving towards the same side as of your racquet hand but the weight still rests upon the foot of the opposite side only.
- Pay attention to your footwork. You must be ready and in rhythm all the time. It will make your hitting rhythmic and instant without making you late for the shot.
Just as its name, the technique Swinging Forehand Topspin Volley is considered too complex. Not many coaches advice to take this shot, rather most of the coaches say that it is not the right shot to use. But there are certain times where you need to play with a different approach, and this shot might be used in such situations. In this Article, we are going to discuss Swing Forehand Topspin Volley in detail. First of all, you must know when the shot must be played. Generally, when you hit a good ball and your opponent is on the run and takes only a floating shot then you can use this shot. Also when you execute a mid-court volley the ball comes back with a greater height. You are recommended to block such a fast and high ball. Swing forehand Topspin forehand volley is the tool with which you can do so. Now, the technique.