Learn How to Add Massive Spin to the Forehand
This is my number 1 no-fail drill for adding Topspin that works everytime
- Hit More Winners
- Force More Errors
- Dominate Points
- Become more consistent
Why is Topspin So Important?
- Controlled Aggression- This is the biggest advantage of topspin in my opinion. Hitting the ball with topspin allows you to be a consistent player without having to push the ball. There are lots of consistent players out there who don’t have topspin. The end result is a missing piece of the puzzle because they can’t attack weak balls. The reason for this is they don’t have the spin to keep the ball in when it is time to increase racket head speed.
- Topspin Creates Weak Returns - A normal flat ball usually does not bounce very high. the result is hitting a lot of shots right into your opponents waistline. This makes you a fun opponent to play because you are someone who gives your opponent an easy ball to get grooved into even if you hit the ball hard.
Players who have extreme topspin are no fun to play. Why? Because their balls are bouncing high out of their opponents strike zone. The end result are forced errors and easy short balls. There is a reason why Nadal is the only player in history to have a dominant winning percentage off Federer.
- Confident Kill Shots- When you play tennis there is a time and place for everything. When you are at the baseline it is time to be consistent and you are trying to accomplish 2 things.
- 1. Don’t hit a shot that allows the opponent to take control of the point.
- 2. Hit shots that create weak replies from your opponent so you can attack.